Any Way the site can delete sold Classifieds?

pat_car22
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco XLT 5.0-

Any Way the site can delete sold Classifieds?

Post by pat_car22 »

I think that if the Item in a classified ad was sold, then the add should be deleted... I think this well help clean up that part of the site and make it more user freindly for people trying to buy and sell things. Just a though. Thanks
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: Any Way the site can delete sold Classifieds?

Post by Rmc »

Agreed that or only let them run a month then sellers must repost.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

I like old classifieds because it helps gauge value of same or similar parts. I thought we'd set them up to purge after X days but maybe not.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I can see both sides of this. I agree deleting them would free up clutter, but I also look back at older ads to figure pricing when I list something.

We used to be able to (and were asked to) put "SOLD" in the title of the ad once the item sold. This would make it easy when scrolling through to see what was still available or not. With the loss of edit (thanks to a couple tools) we can no longer do this.

Any way we can get you to add it if we PM you & ask Steve? Is this something you'd want us to do even?
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

I understand wanting to be able to look at what past parts went to aid in coming up witha price but I would rather a tidy classified section. Thats kind of the fun of it. Through it on there for a price you are cofortable selling it for, someone may get a good deal if you guess low but you were ok with that so good for them. If you gage wrong and put it to high you may get lucky and get a few extra bucks or time will tell and you will have to lower the price. As the swap meet will show you used parts can go in and out of Value. One year 35s are gold the next 37s are in and 35 are "ehh"

I vote cllean out the classifieds and add a "feeler" thread so people that really have no clue can just ask what seems fair.

Doooo iiiitttt
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

What's the value of a clean 9" housing?
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Trussed or untrussed? 150 vs 300 in stock width, anything custom hovers between 750 and 3k depends on the goodies used and what brand. I don't need old classified to feel good about over paying for someone else's junk hahaha it's like this... People will pay it or they won't, I'm well aware at what loss percentage I'm willing to take and I know for the most part going rates on stuff. The old classifieds do me no good personally. It's totally admins deal, but I know I'm guilty like all of you guys at not noting every site when something sells by what ever means.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

That's why I suggested a run time before auto delete, every time someone remembers that part they wanted sold would be forced to repost. I think 2 months run time is more than ample.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

yikes wrote:What's the value of a clean 9" housing?

Haha is this a joke Brian? I'll tell you it's worth keeping for a paper weight!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

cs_drums wrote:

Haha! Yeah. It's a joke. I just can't get over why that never sold. Almost bought it myself, but still trying to get the lid back on the worms.
cs_drums

Post by cs_drums »

yikes wrote:
cs_drums wrote:

Haha! Yeah. It's a joke. I just can't get over why that never sold. Almost bought it myself, but still trying to get the lid back on the worms.
haha. I just traded it for som ATF and some parts to put my tranny back together. To be honest I rather give it to somebody than take some of the lowball offers I was getting at the swap meet.
pat_car22
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco XLT 5.0-

Post by pat_car22 »

Hey Guys,
Looking for an update its been over a year in a half and still no change.

Ask yourself why there are no more Dinosaurs ? Thats because they did not change with the times and they are extinct. I love this site but, to keep it growing and attracting new members we together as members of this site should have some weight when it comes to making it the best. Remember myspace?? oh wait... there gone with the times too..... I see a pattern.

This is just me trying to make a change for the better, in a timely matter.. Thanks!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

There has been a change. Hundreds of ads were deleted an no one noticed except those that had ongoing threads selling the same product. Although some of those threads were not always active, they contained good, useable information that was lost when I pruned the classifieds. Apologies to those who's threads were deleted.

Seeing as how this site is based on a dinosaur, I don't have a problem with being one.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Ya, Opinions are like farts, Some stink and some don't. I am smelling something. He may not get it, that this is not money making venture, but a work of love for the Bronco guy's. This is not RDC and thank God it is not.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Wrightracing.net wrote:Ya, Opinions are like farts, Some stink and some don't. I am smelling something. He may not get it, that this is not money making venture, but a work of love for the Bronco guy's. This is not RDC and thank God it is not.

Thanks for all your hard work.
You hit the nail on the head!