Now we have ads?

ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Re: Now we have ads?

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

There's no edit feature here huh? Must be a bitch for you guys who make mistakes... :lol:
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Right now, it's "China ladies for marriage" Should I click on it? lol...
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Nick wrote:Right now, it's "China ladies for marriage" Should I click on it? lol...
Yes!
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Now if the guys came on & said we need to be seeing the ads & clicking on them to keep the site funded & going I'd be doing so too though.
I don't want people clicking stuff just to fudge numbers but if there's an ad for something you're interested it, by all means, click it and explore.

And, yes, it's all about funding. Our sole advertiser (obviously Autofab-THANK YOU!) funds a good portion of GFB's costs but there is still out of pocket expense... not huge but I figured if we can make up some of the difference with Google Ads and continue to keep the site free, why not?
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

I've seen other forums that have something like a 2 minute window to edit posts. Kind of makes it nice if you mess up on an image link, price, spelling, etc.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Im in Bahrain for work so i get all kinds of "ladies for hire" banners haha.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

RyanDS650X wrote:Im in Bahrain for work so i get all kinds of "ladies for hire" banners haha.
Man, you guys are getting all the good stuff. All I get is Bike rack advertisements... guess what I've been shopping for recently.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

SteveG wrote:Man, you guys are getting all the good stuff. All I get is Bike rack advertisements... guess what I've been shopping for recently.
I'll just go ahead & guess a lady for hire!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
SteveG wrote:Man, you guys are getting all the good stuff. All I get is Bike rack advertisements... guess what I've been shopping for recently.
I'll just go ahead & guess a lady for hire!
Nailed it!
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

Forum time is off by an hour, FYI
Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post by Phoenix0783 »

SteveG wrote:And, yes, it's all about funding. Our sole advertiser (obviously Autofab-THANK YOU!) funds a good portion of GFB's costs but there is still out of pocket expense... not huge but I figured if we can make up some of the difference with Google Ads and continue to keep the site free, why not?
What about subscriptions? Enable custom user titles (among other things) for people who pay?