Post editing

Phoenix0783
Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(

Post editing

Post by Phoenix0783 »

I just noticed this was disabled. There's probably a good reason behind it, but is there a way to disable it for people who abuse it or something? There are plenty of legitimate reasons to edit a post.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Post editing

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

It was done after the BS about Keifer & crap that was going on at that time.

I feel the same way but I'm sure the guys figured it's just easier to take it away all together. Same thing with the signatures.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

It helps your post count! :lol:
Seabass
Bronco Info: 96 bronco

Post by Seabass »

Any update on this? I say lotsa stupid stuff and this is really forcing me to use my filter... I don't like it :lol:

Love the site, hate BS and lame forum politics as much as you guys. That's actually how I made my way here from FSB. I got my post count deleted because I was trying to get enough to view the classifieds. Haven't been back since. I curse and say lewd things in real life, I edit myself to the point that I feel is tollerable by the people I share a forum with. If I ever overstep my bounds I accept suspension or banning.

How about premium members (say $10 a year) get you a sticker and an edit button? :D
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'd gladly do the $10 as I spell like I'm Russian or something and need to edit all the time for that among other things... (yes, that was a low brow, low blow at Nick - who actually spells just fine).

My thought is the idiots that brought on the need for the no edit seem to have gone elsewhere (which is a good thing - aside from 1 or 2 of them) so can we act like normal functioning adults again & have the edit back???

I will also agree to rapid banning if I get out of line (well, more than I typically am at least ;) ) or do something stupid/abuse the edit function.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Maybe just limited edits, one time or within a time frame.
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by guard »

I too miss the edit button... It's especially helpful for build pages when you want to summarize your truck evolution in just a few posts.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

guard wrote:I too miss the edit button... It's especially helpful for build pages when you want to summarize your truck evolution in just a few posts.
I agree.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

cs_drums wrote:Maybe just limited edits, one time or within a time frame.
Can we please re-visit this... been over a year with no edit, I think things have calmed down a bit...

I like the idea, if possible, of only allowing an edit within say 15mins of a post..that way if you fat finger something or get auto corrected posting thru Tapatalk you can make the change with out posting again
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Seabass wrote:
How about premium members (say $10 a year) get you a sticker and an edit button? :D
I know this site founders don't do this for $$ but I'm not opposed to the premium either...
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

How about a 5 minute window for editing posts. That really should be all you need.
tvoymang
Bronco Info: (Former) 90' Bronco 351W

Post by tvoymang »

I say leave it the way it is.... the time spent editing your post you could have proof read it first. I dont post unless I feel I have it as accurate as can be....
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

tvoymang wrote:I say leave it the way it is.... the time spent editing your post you could have proof read it first. I dont post unless I feel I have it as accurate as can be....
Now that's crazy talk right there! Hahaha!
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Well, guess I'm just stupid for posting too quick
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

We are not all scholar's like you and on Tap talk the auto correct makes funky changes sometimes. It would also give the guy's that say something stupid or just down right rude a chance to retract it. Fortunately most guy's on here are good guy's that show each other's respect even when they disagree. That is a testament to the administrators of the forum.

Edit would still be nice. On other forums with Tap Talk you can edit until someone replied. I don't know what happened with abuse of the edit function?

Oh well still a great form, way better that the juvenile sites that seem to be popular with the Jr. High mentality crowd.

Thanks for your hard work on the forum guys.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

I still made typos. That is my State run college edumacation. :-)
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

What's the old saying? "Never enough time to do it right. Always enough time to do it again." Actually, that could be my motto!

I'm just giving you guys a hard time. I like being able to edit posts, too. The feature will return once I have time to sit down and do it... and I remember how!
Wrightracing.net

Thanks Steve for all your work.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

SteveG wrote: I'm just giving you guys a hard time. I like being able to edit posts, too. The feature will return once I have time to sit down and do it... and I remember how!
Wooohooooooo
:mrgreen:
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

SteveG wrote:What's the old saying? "Never enough time to do it right. Always enough time to do it again." Actually, that could be my motto!

I'm just giving you guys a hard time. I like being able to edit posts, too. The feature will return once I have time to sit down and do it... and I remember how!
Hey Steve.... THANK YOU :mrgreen: :mrgreen: