vendor space

hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: vendor space

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Why not just let people sell their stuff so the mods don't have to get involved so much and make it a requirement that people can't voice opinions. People who make comments towards others fabrication should be banned for the same reason the issues started in the first place. Wouldn't it be easier that way?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Kel Fab Creations
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

As anyone can figure out, I am the probably the main contributing factor to Scott having this tissy. I asked questions about his new product in his for sale thread. Later I realized that Scott doesn't want me to ask questions about his products in his threads. That's fine. While I think that's stupid and would allow anyone to post questions or comments in any of my threads Scott and some others apparently do not share this view.

The easy way to solve this is if you want to post a for sale thread and don't want anyone to post anything all you have to do is say so.

example: this is my blah blah blah for sale...
please do not post any questions or comments in this thread...

Another way to sell your stuff and not have people comments would be to post on CL or on your own website.

Scott,
I hope you don't think you need to keep posting these rant like threads while not wanting to name any names. As a few have said before, we are all grown men but sometimes we need a little direction as we all have a little different views on things. Forum threads are made to have multiple comments so naturally people will post stuff. Contrary to what it may have looked like or what you may believe I never meant to steer people away from your new product. I was simply trying to educate myself and others on the benefit of the product. IMHO your spindle gusset doubler plate is not a common product so maybe you should give a brief explanation of what it does and why people would wanna buy it in the discription and that would eliminate the questions.

Mods,
As I've said before this is a great site with great people and I think it's nice as is. I would suggest a sticky in the for sale section that says if the OP chooses to insert a generic line saying something along the lines of don't post in my thread than that rule should be followed or the comment will be deleted.

Everyone,
I've seen the mods say several times now that they want to keep the site simple as is and don't want to have to babysit so if you have a problem with someone or something happening in your thread all you have to do is say something through PM or post a comment that doesn't require getting the mods involved.
Kelly @ Kel Fab Creations
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Kel Fab Creations wrote:As anyone can figure out, I am the probably the main contributing factor to Scott having this tissy. I asked questions about his new product in his for sale thread. Later I realized that Scott doesn't want me to ask questions about his products in his threads. That's fine. While I think that's stupid and would allow anyone to post questions or comments in any of my threads Scott and some others apparently do not share this view.
The above is exactly what we don't want or need here. We don't care if you think anything Scott said is stupid. Before you comment on the potential stupidity of ANY post, ask yourself the following. What good will come out of me calling something stupid? I'll answer for you. NONE!

Let me refer you to Ollie's post in another thread.
PBR wrote:the hammer is coming down, and coming down hard!

the bullshit will not be tolerated, period! we don't care how big or small this site is/becomes, it will not be corrupted! like steve said, if you don't like it, get the fuck out! (maybe he didn't use those words exactly but i will)

here are my words of wisdom for everyone... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it! if you follow that guideline we won't have any problems. there is nothing wrong with a little friendly banter, but you should all know the difference between being friendly or funny and being an asshole!
Anyone and everyone is welcome here, stupid or genius. As outlined above, all you have to do is not be an asshole.

Thank you, everyone, for your opinions. A vendor's only section is something we have considered (and has been requested) in the past. We'll talk it over and let you know what we decide.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

nevermind.......................
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

bajascott wrote:nevermind.......................
Bravo, Scott!.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I should note that when we first started the forum, we essentially allowed no commercial posting. This worked very well to prevent vendor related drama. We opened up the classifieds to commercial posts and it was only a matter of time before people started opening their big mouths. Drama ensued and people got bent. Exactly what we didn't want.
Sho nuff,
SteveG