vendor space

bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

vendor space

Post by bajascott »

i would be interested in doing like fsb has on their site with a vendor forum,
i would have no problem paying a fee to keep usless mumbo jumbo out of a thread on a new part i have decided to try and sell.
the thought is this...
have a side forum for vendors(like myself,S.W.Performance,Threat,SOLO,ETC..) who sell parts in the commercial arena,post new parts,or fabricated parts in this area and leave the questions, and low balling to PM's.make it a CLOSED FOR REPLY area....
this would be a place for NEW parts .
and then we can use the regular classifieds for posting used parts and misc.stuff ...
really we all know what a cut and turned set of beams do, pivot boxes,and why we make them.....
i must be getting old....haha
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: vendor space

Post by SteveG »

All the chit chat that eventually turns into peepee measuring is the main reason I was hesitant to allow commercial posting in the classifieds.

We've discussed something like this off and on over the years and were just talking about it again recently. Give us some time and we'll see what we can do.

And yeah, you're getting old. Can't help you there!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajascott
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

getting old sucks. cool thanks steve...
and peepee measuring, its a known fact that when you measure....always add 4"
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

If you have to measure, you already have a problem. Hahaha
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

tcm glx wrote:If you have to measure, you already have a problem. Hahaha
Exactly!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

At least I can see mine with out bending over tony.....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

Or using a mirror
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Haha, mirrors and bending over do nothing for me, I need a magnifying glass and I know it. I accepted that a long time ago.......
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

as long as you don't have to bust out the tweezers & micrometer you're all good!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Agui-E7TE
Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear

Post by Agui-E7TE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

or even if the whole vendor space is too much to deal with how about having a locking tool that will allow the seller to lock the thread (not from mods)
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Creating a vendors section is easy. I kind of like the idea. We'll talk it over.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

cool.thanks....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
Threat Motorsports
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco SOLD!

Post by Threat Motorsports »

I like the idea! Would anyone be opposed to it being just legitimate company's like the company's mentioned above. We spend lots of money and work hard to be legitimate, so I think it would only be fair that only legitimate company's post in it. Maybe require a form that needs to be filled out with some basic info like Business name, and License number, etc to confirm. Anyone disagree on that concept? I don't ever mind paying to advertise because that's just what we should be doing as a buissness but I just don't think its fair for up coming companies that are not legally legit to have the same rights as us. I feel most of the legitimate company's wouldn't disagree with me, but If I am out of line on this I opoligize in advance.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Threat Motorsports wrote:I like the idea! Would anyone be opposed to it being just legitimate company's like the company's mentioned above. We spend lots of money and work hard to be legitimate, so I think it would only be fair that only legitimate company's post in it. Maybe require a form that needs to be filled out with some basic info like Business name, and License number, etc to confirm. Anyone disagree on that concept? I don't ever mind paying to advertise because that's just what we should be doing as a buissness but I just don't think its fair for up coming companies that are not legally legit to have the same rights as us. I feel most of the legitimate company's wouldn't disagree with me, but If I am out of line on this I opoligize in advance.
I like that idea but I haven't seen anyone that isn't legitimate on this site. You can currently pay to advertise on the banner rotation but the biggest problem is there is very little motivation for most to do this. I've been planning on doing it for a while but I'm so busy with other things and reinvesting the money I've been making that it just hasn't happened yet. Hell, I haven't even bothered doing my website for parts/offroad stuff since the battery side of my business is growing so fast.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Threat Motorsports
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco SOLD!

Post by Threat Motorsports »

philofab wrote:
Threat Motorsports wrote:I like the idea! Would anyone be opposed to it being just legitimate company's like the company's mentioned above. We spend lots of money and work hard to be legitimate, so I think it would only be fair that only legitimate company's post in it. Maybe require a form that needs to be filled out with some basic info like Business name, and License number, etc to confirm. Anyone disagree on that concept? I don't ever mind paying to advertise because that's just what we should be doing as a buissness but I just don't think its fair for up coming companies that are not legally legit to have the same rights as us. I feel most of the legitimate company's wouldn't disagree with me, but If I am out of line on this I opoligize in advance.
I like that idea but I haven't seen anyone that isn't legitimate on this site. You can currently pay to advertise on the banner rotation but the biggest problem is there is very little motivation for most to do this. I've been planning on doing it for a while but I'm so busy with other things and reinvesting the money I've been making that it just hasn't happened yet. Hell, I haven't even bothered doing my website for parts/offroad stuff since the battery side of my business is growing so fast.

I can name a couple that are not legit but I wont just out of common courtesy of course. By providing valid info if would would weed out the legit from the non legit though in a Vendor space section if it was added. I also like the idea of being able to lock the thread or control it if possible. That way it keeps other competitors or the chit chat out. Plus it would be less work for the site owners to deal with. Im not sure what GFB would charge to do this if at all, but I'm sure it would be reasonable. I like the whole idea and I hope it can happen. Id feel more comfortable posting products for sale. I don't feel comfortable posting in the classifieds mostly because I sell a lot of the same products as everyone else does.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Good points. But to be honest, we don't really want to get that involved. We never really intended this place to be a commercial site. We just wanted a place to hang out. The 4 of us have families, and other things to do. We pretty much know who the legit shops are, so i don't think that will be a problem.

With that said, i like the idea of a vendors section that is closed to posting by non vendors, with a yearly vendor status fee.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

I think it would good to see more parts for sale.by contributors to this site. I don't think of anyone as a competitor.the fact that i live 1000 miles away doesn't help my buisness any.....haha I do things that I want to and sell to who I want to.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

Glad to see this thread get back on track with all the measuring and stuff going on......
economig
Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L

vendor space

Post by economig »

Closing it fixes everything, related to maintenance and ongoing issues, good idea Scott
T H R E A T Motorsports