Quoting others posts?

Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Quoting others posts?

Post by Broncodawg »

Hi,
When I hit the quote button and post up a response to the quote, the quote isn't highlighted with a red box and " symbol?
The quote does appear at top of my response post, but isn't highlighted the way all others are. Even see multiple quotes on a single thread and all are highlighted?
How do I do that?
Thanks, Greg
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Quoting others posts?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Broncodawg wrote:Hi,
When I hit the quote button and post up a response to the quote, the quote isn't highlighted with a red box and " symbol?
The quote does appear at top of my response post, but isn't highlighted the way all others are. Even see multiple quotes on a single thread and all are highlighted?
How do I do that?
Thanks, Greg
Greg - you have to leave the
Broncodawg wrote: at the front of the post you want to quote (note that last ] should be right at the end rather than a space there - I had to put that space in to show the actual text instead of just quoting this). You also then need the
at the end of the post you are trying to quote.

To do the multiple quotes in 1 post you have to edit your post and add the multiples. Many sites have a "multi-quote" function but this one doesn't so it takes some effort to do that. It bugs me to have a bunch of posts in a row so I will take the time to edit and put multiple quotes in 1 post.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Quoting others posts? / Multiple quotes

Post by SteveG »

Multiple quotes are possible here but it's done in the reply page and not when you're reading the thread like vb software.

In the reply page (the one I'm using to type this response), the thread is reviewed at the bottom. You can click the quote button in the review and the quote will be added to your response.

So, when reading the thread, click the quote button in the first post you want to quote, then when in the reply page, scroll down and add the other posts you want to quote.

Does that make sense?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Here's a screen capture that might help. You can click the circled buttons when in the reply page and it will add those to the text (reply) box.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Awesome - never knew that was possible. Thanks Steve.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Awesome - never knew that was possible. Thanks Steve.
Aha! I've always hit the quote button on posts before I hit reply rather than on the reply page.
I get it now, thanks,
Greg
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

SteveG wrote:Here's a screen capture that might help. You can click the circled buttons when in the reply page and it will add those to the text (reply) box.

Damn!!! That's how everyone does it, good to know!
johncharlesb
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Post by johncharlesb »

Steve!
Why U no share secrets so long?