Smith Racing shack down

Smith racing
Bronco Info: 1978 bronco class 3 and 8 smith racing was inspired from Moss Brothers

Smith Racing shack down

Post by Smith racing »

First outing on bronco. Prepping for 2014. Pulled out a 4th place this time. We'll get them next time. Now time for paint ! Was thinking ruff rider colors ? Any ideals ? More pict's to follow soon .
Attachments
First utube photo
First utube photo
image.jpg (85.94 KiB) Viewed 4267 times
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Re: Smith Racing shack down

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Love the old school bronco. Can't go wrong with rough riders colors, welcome to the site!
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

Great first post! More details?
Smith racing
Bronco Info: 1978 bronco class 3 and 8 smith racing was inspired from Moss Brothers

Post by Smith racing »

Let me do a proper introduction now, the way this all happened was we were in Laughlin in 2011 to help our friends pit for the Laughlin desert challenge and saw the Moss Brothers in there bronco doing so well so on that day we decided to build a bronco, the bronco is a 1978 ford bronco, my brother got it in a trade and it was in a field in Santa Fe New Mexico, it sat at his house for about 2 years until he said my son could have it, about a month later we went and picked it up and the next day we pushed it into the garage and started pulling it apart. We did all the work/fabrication our selves in are garage. The motor is the stock 400m with just the essential up grades the tranny is the stock C6, at first the front suspension was Dever coils with fox smooth bodies and the back was stock leafs and fox 2.0s, we played with that setup for a while and then we went full on and did sway-a-way 2.5 16 inch coil overs in the front, and Dever leaf springs in the back with sway-a-way 2.5 smooth bodies with reservoirs. We did are first race in El Paso Texas 2013, we were just taking it easy and made it two laps until we changed the battery, because it was old and worn out, and took the battery out of my truck and put it in, it made a world of a difference but then it struck, my brother and I were cruising up a rocky hill and the track bar we made snapped in half witch unfortunately ended are race and bent a shock shaft but over all the truck did great.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Sounds like a good start to a cool truck! Any pics of the build process?
Smith racing

Re: Smith Racing shake down

Post by Smith racing »

This is an older picture of the rear.
image.jpg (28.88 KiB) Viewed 4165 times
Smith racing

Post by Smith racing »

Older pic of the front with the old coil setup we ran.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.14 KiB) Viewed 4164 times